Our client is a leader in manufacturing hydraulic components and system solutions for industrial applications. If you are looking to be a key member of a team dedicated to excellence and driven to succeed, then we have the opportunity for you.
The Regional Sales Manager is a sales position accountable for maintaining and growing OEM and Distribution accounts respective of customer and/or territory as directed by the VP of Sales. This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategic and tactical sales plans within the scope of his/her responsibilities in pursuit of profitable sales growth and market share.
Keywords: Machine tools, open loop, closed loop, proportional valve, industrial hydraulic, automotive, metalworking
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assist the VP of Sales in sales planning.
- Demonstrate expertise in solving customer problems relative to Company applications.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with assigned accounts.
- Evaluate and report on assigned accounts on a regular basis.
- Maintain excellent and up-to-date record systems for customer accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate market information including information in the areas of pricing competitive activities, products, and other items necessary to the success of area marketing strategies and programs.
- Maintain administrative records and make reports in the area of activities and expenses, submitting them on a regular and timely basis.
- Develop and recommend innovative ideas and tactics that will contribute to an increase in market share and sales.
- Confer regularly with management on recommended sales strategies, promotions, and potential new markets.
- Must be able to define a problem, assess risks, and develop recommendations for action plans.
- Must be able to deliver presentations, both written and oral.
- Model and promote Leadership Standards to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
- BS or BA in business, marketing or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years fluid power experience.
- 5 years of sales experience with at least 3 years in an outside sales position selling directly to OEMs, distributors, and/or national accounts.
- Excellent presentation, persuasion and communication skills.
- Must be effective at managing multiple tasks
- Excellent PC skills.
- Overnight travel: 40-50%