Our client is a leader in supplying fluid power solutions for mobile equipment applications. If you are looking to be a key member of a team dedicated to excellence and driven to succeed, then we have the opportunity for you.
Our client currently has an opening for Hydraulic Systems Shop Supervisor
with future opportunities for growth for the right person. This position is charged with overseeing and developing shop floor production of hydraulic components and related systems.
- Supervisory responsibilities include scheduling, planning, and training.
- Power unit assembly and fabrication
- Print interpretation
- Proper use of precision measuring equipment
- Perform and manage quality maintenance, diagnosis, disassemble, inspect, perform rebuilds, reassembles and tests all hydraulic components. This may include failure analysis as required.
- Manage team of repair and assembly technicians.
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Display the ability to learn and apply new knowledge.
- Communicate effectively with customers, other employees and supervisor.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and vehicle use.
- Keep shop clean and the equipment well organized.
- Maintain and utilize work areas, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Support, move and load equipment safely.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Use all safety equipment as necessary.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Achieves customer satisfaction and profitability through quality assembly, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair.
- Achieves customer satisfaction through prompt and efficient service calls and effective communication.
- Applies technical knowledge through regular attendance at technical training classes.
- Maintain a good driving record and driving habits while operating company vehicles.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and practices.
- An Associate’s Degree or certification in fluid power Technology or Engineering related field is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
- Hydraulic technician training degree highly desired.
- Trained and certified to operate lifting equipment.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Must have machining experience, prefer experienced machinist
- Must have a at least (5) years experience in hydraulic assembly, and/or repairs /rebuilds.
- Prefer 10+ years experience in hydraulics systems assembly, rebuilding, diagnostics and testing.
- Prefer candidate with lead technician or other supervisory experience.
- Must meet personal tooling requirements.
Physical / Mental Abilities:
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 8 - 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 - 2 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 - 100 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.