Our client is a distributor and leader in fluid power solutions for industrial and mobile applications. If you are looking to be a key member of a team dedicated to excellence and driven to succeed, then we have the opportunity for you.
Our client currently has an opening for a Sales Manager. This corporate-based position is charged with increasing profitable sales by developing, maintaining, and growing the company’s user & OEM customers by managing a seasoned professional sales group (outside) in the industrial and mobile equipment markets. This position reports to the company's VP. Travel 40% (average of 2 nights/week away from home) is required.
In this position, you will use your sales management experience to assist your salespeople in find solutions for their customers' needs while increasing profitability. You will be backed by highly knowledgeable customer service, technical and applications team who will help you meet and exceed your goals. Currently, this role has 25 direct and indirect reports.
- Sales management experience with a fluid power distributor for 5+ years
- Application and design experience with fluid power systems preferred
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or business degree.
- Five to eight (5-8) years of outside sales experience having direct customer interface; having built and sustained one or more territories to be top ranking.
- Two to five (2-5) years of hydraulic experience in the mobile or industrial OEM markets.
- Product experience in fluid power components and/or systems.
- Markets experience in OEM and user sales related to Mobile (Off-Highway) or Industrial Equipment.
- Relationship management skills to effectively interface with a wide variety of external and internal customers.
- Expertise in sales techniques, relationship building, prospecting, closing, and negotiating skills.
- Time and territory management in a multi-state region.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of component products, manufacturing processes, capabilities, and specific needs of primarily OEM customers.
- Vision to pursue new markets, customers and products while handling assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and attain goals that contain a high confidence for success.
- Understanding of customer systems.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Experience with value-added selling.
- Competitive, entrepreneurial spirit and driven to succeed.
- Fluid Power certification is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
APPLICANTS MUST BE U.S. CITIZENS
You will have the opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic organization while participating in an exceptional compensation and benefits program. If you meet the above qualifications please submit your resume along with your application.